What is the 16-19 Tuition Fund?
The 16-19 Tuition Fund is one off funding for the 2020/21 academic year that is ring fenced for schools to support students aged 16 to 19 with the aim being to mitigate disruption to their learning arising from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funding is to be used to provide small group tuition for 16-19-year olds who have a GCSE Maths and/or English at grade 4 or below where their learning has been disrupted. The funding can additionally be used to support students in their learning across a variety of subjects.
Examples of disruption that these students have faced/will face include; assessments being deferred due to lockdown or self-isolation, falling behind in their learning due to periods of self-isolation and not being able to complete external examinations due to positive COVID-19 cases.
How will Oriel High School use the funding?
At Oriel High School we intend to utilise the £3703 funding to provide additional support for students that have not yet achieved a grade 4/5 in Mathematics or English. Within this cohort targeted student intervention will be focused on:
- Students that have yet to achieve a grade 4 in English or Maths
- Students that have yet to achieve their grade 5 in Maths and English who require it for their next step
- Priority for tuition will be given to the most disadvantaged students based on their socio-economic background, SEND status and volume of disruption to their learning through COVID-19.
Oriel High School is using the funding as follows:
- To deliver small group specialised retake Maths and retake English classes.
- To purchase bespoke resources for students targeted in the tuition catch up and use these to support their learning
- To provide additional 1 to 1 online tuition or access to online learning platforms for GCSE English and Maths
This statement is in line with the Government guidance and is published to demonstrate how this additional funding will be used in the academic year 2020/21. This document may be updated to reflect any changes in ESFA guidance.