Oriel is proud to have over 155 staff employed at the school. In our 2019 inspection report it was commented that “Staff have high expectations of students,
and students respond respectfully and enthusiastically”.
In July 2023 we surveyed all our staff with a survey covering many aspects of working in our school. A snapshot of answers is below.
- 88% of staff felt that their work gives them a sense of personal accomplishment
- 98% of staff were interested in their work
- 83% of staff said that they had a choice in how they do their work
- 90% of staff I am treated with respect by the people I work with
- 89% of staff said the people here can be relied upon to help when things get difficult in my job
- 94% of staff felt trusted to carry out their job effectively
- 92% of staff have really good friendships at work
- 84% of staff said their manager was open to their ideas
- 90% of staff said their manager was considerate to their life outside work
- 88% of staff said they felt they were treated fairly at work